Description

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."

Monday, January 3, 2011

DAY 9

Day 9: Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted.

Hm.. Lots of people I guess. I don't really keep in contact with alot of people I grew up with or that I went to high school with and I kind of wish that I was better about it. I see what is going on in all their lives through facebook but I only actually talk to a handful. I guess the one person that I can think of is an old childhood friend. We lost contact when I moved to farmington over something stupid.. can't even remember what it was anymore.. we have gotten together a couple of times in recent years and I still talk every once in a while but it is nothing like it once was. We are both so different now and are at different places in our lives that it is hard to get it back to the way it was. It probably will never be the same but that's what happens I guess. Life happens and we all go our separate ways eventually. We always had our fights and our hards times with each other and I truly believe it always happened between us because of how similar we really are. We are the same personality type and so we have always butted heads over things. So I guess it doesn't surprise me that the deep friendship didn't last. I'm fine with my life now and with the friends that I have in it and that's all that matters. I will always have my handful of close friends where we can not see each other for long periods of time and then get together and nothing has really changed. Real friends stick around no matter what and I have found out who my real friends are.

No comments: