Description
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Changes!
Yeah- I suck at blogging I guess... my bad! but I haven't really had much to write about til now so here I am! We are still living with my grandma in south ogden- that hasn't changed yet. McCall is still at Weber State just plugging away at school. He was going to do the police academy with my brother but it just didn't work out with his job at McKay so he is gonna just wait and focus on his degree for now. He is waiting to possibly apply to work for the Utah Highway Patrol so that they can put him through the academy but with all the financial crisis going on lately the state has cut alot of jobs there- so we just have to wait and see:) I FINALLY got to quit my job at the doctors office- hooray!! I am still going to be filling in until he finishes up doing interviews and picks a replacement even though my 2 weeks are done. I will be helping him train my replacement once he picks one. So I figure it'll just be some extra money for us. It all worked out really well- I am way happy about it. But the exciting part is the new job I got!!! I am so excited! I get to finally do some massage therapy! My job is in south ogden like 2 minutes from where we are living- I am extremely excited about that because I won't have to pay very much in gas anymore which is so nice! Anyways- so I was beginning to think I wasn't gonna find a job and that my entire past year would have been wasted- not that I was really out there being all proactive in finding a new job- I was mostly just searching on the internet. but still- I was getting a little discouraged.. I interviewed for a job right before I graduated but I didn't get it because they needed someone right away and it takes like a month for all the licensing so they couldn't hire me.. and then I interviewed for another job at a medical spa in south ogden and one of the girls in my class applied for the same job.. and it took like a month to do all the interviewing.. and then they never returned mine or my friends calls about it and were being stupid.. then they just didn't hire anyone and sent out letters in the mail to us.. it was super unprofessional and really quite rude the way the handled it.. so basically I wasted a month- I was pretty mad! So one day I didn't have to work.. I got all dressed up- went to my mom's and printed a bunch of resumes- basically I decided that I couldn't just keep waiting for something to pop up on the internet and I needed to get off my butt and go out and find something since it obviously wasn't just gonna fall in my lap. So I pulled out the phone book and started calling all the places I had wanted to work at and asked if they were hiring- most of them weren't and just said to bring in the resume and they would keep it on file- but nothing ever happens when you do that so I just kinda was gonna give up pretty much. It was kinda funny cuz even when I was in school I had said that the first place I was gonna apply was the place by my house- but I guess I was just intimidated and didn't want the rejection from there since my hopes were so high for it- so I never went in or applied. but as I was looking through the phone book I kept coming across that place and everytime I looked at it I just kept thinking to my self that I really needed to call them... so after several calls leading me nowhere I finally called and they said they were hiring- hooray! so I jumped in the car and went straight there.. I filled out an app and gave them my resume and while I was there I got to meet the owner who just happened to be there and she gave me tour- and set up my interview right then and there- and I was so nervous for it! so 2 days later I went in- I did my hands on interview first- they brought in one of their regular clients who the owner thought was kind of an expert with massages and I had to work on him for an hour. I have never been so intimidated in my life.. he has had thousands of massages and is super critical. and he also had had a ton of surgeries and so that made me kinda scared that I'd mess him up somehow lol! but I got through the massage- which was very difficult I might add. and I waited while he talked with Michelle- the owner. and then I sat down for my interview with her and she told me all about their spa and the way they work- she asked me a ton of questions- my interview with her alone was almost 2 hours- but kinda towards the end she told me that she already knew she would hire me and the job was mine if I wanted it- she printed off some information for me and told me to discuss it with McCall and call her the next day.. I couldn't believe it- I have never been offered a job on the spot like that!! I've never had such a strenuous interview that lasted that long either- I was at the spa for over 3 hours!! so anywho- needless to say I called her the very next day- and put in my 2 week notice at my job. I am so super excited to start working at the spa- I start tomorrow actually. They have a ton of employee perks- I get to have one free chiropractic visit a month. one free spa treatment a month- I swear I'm just gonna use it on microderms lol! I get paid to be on call- its only half what I normally make doing massages- but still- I get paid to sit on my butt at home or to do whatever- it's freakin sweet! I get to keep all my tips and I get comission on any product I sell.. just lots of cool stuff. I am so glad I actually feel like I am making what I'm worth- It is a way good feeling. So yeah- thats my big long interview story.. it kinda went a little long- my bad! haha I will update more later on it. The only other things going on are that we are going to Colorado for Christmas this year to visit McCall's family. I am starting school again at Weber in January- I still haven't decided a major though. I figure it doesn't hurt to keep doing school- education is good for me. We are tentatively thinking about moving- we are at least staying through the end of the year though. Not sure where we will go- somewhere close by since we are both doing school and working in south ogden. No kids yet and we aren't planning on it any time soon- we still have alot of life left so there isn't a rush for us. Although I know like 30 people who are pregnant right now- I swear it's something in the water haha! Some day we will when our crazy lives settle down. For now school is the priority and just working to get by. Thats all for now- more to come later!:) Cheers!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment