Description

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."

Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Next Five



Well I don't really have any pictures to post this time- I kinda forgot to take pictures over the weekend. Me and my sisters went to a conference called Time Out For Women.. it's put on by Deseret Book and they have a bunch of speakers and musical presenters. It was really cool- basically like a 2 day fireside. I loved listening to Hilary Weeks- she is so amazing! I would definietly recommend it to everyone! it was a really good learning experience! So anyways.. On to my next 5 things on my list of thanks:
1: By far after sleeping on my mom's pull out bed on friday night for the conference- I am so extremely grateful for my amazing bed! It is by far the best investment we have ever made!

2: I am grateful to be driving a safe car this year- my Mazda ROCKS in the snow!! which in Utah and especially in Ogden it is pretty much a necessity.

3: I am grateful for my Talents.. I don't take advantage of them very much but I'm glad they are mine. the main one I am thinking of this week is my Crafty ability(at least the one I think I have). It is definitely saving us this Christmas for sure- I have been frustrated working on the gifts lately but I am glad it is working out. Hopefully everyone getting homemade gifts likes em! I'll post pics later after we give them and they open em- don't want to ruin anything ;)

4: I am gratefulf or the women we have in leadership positions of our Church- I learned alot at the conference and I'm glad we have such great people as our examples.

5: I am grateful that I turned out normal- I know you're all thinking- what? she's not normal? I mean that in the sense that I wasn't born with some incurable disease, I have all my senses and they function mostly perfect, I have all my limbs, my organs etc etc. Basically what made me think of this is because there was a speaker at the conference who had eye cancer very young and then later in life had to have an eye removed and had no sight after that. I can't even imagine what that would be like and how hard that would be. It just made me gratful for the small things.. the ability to see my family.. see the colors of the season.. to see light and dark. I can smell my yummy food.. hear beautiful music.. feel a kiss from my hubby.. just all the little things like that- that I take for granted.

No comments: